VU Intro: Installation and Tutorial
Virtual Unknown Software:
1. Install and open the Virtual Unknown software program (purchased from the bookstore
or online) as directed in the installation instructions. This program can be used on both
PC and Mac operating systems. Be sure you are using the 2012 version of the program
– the 2003/2004/2008 versions are NOT acceptable.
If you need assistance with setting up your software account, see the following video:
NOTE: If the program asks you for a section or school, leave that box blank (we
do not use a specialized section).
2. Once you are in the system, take a screen shot that shows both your user name (in
the upper left corner) and the date and time (lower right corner on a PC, upper right
corner on a Mac).
For help taking screen shots, see the following walk-through:
3. GO THROUGH ALL 11 STEPS OF THE TUTORIAL FOR THE PROGRAM (The
tutorial is found in the “Help” menu: Help --> Quick Start Tutorial).
Take a screen shot of the "Getting Media" tutorial screen with the date and time
showing in the menu bar.
4. Submit both your "in the system" screen shot and your "getting media" tutorial screen
shot to the "VU Installation and Tutorial" dropbox in the class shell.